Monday, October 24, 2011

August - October

This August marked nearly nine months of 16,000 miles in traveling for me! After a whirlwind of a summer, I started my senior year of high school just three months ago. Even though it was back to homework and studying, life did not slow down for me!

August

In August, I made an appearance at the “Celebrity Waiter and Waitresses Dinner” for the Children’s Crisis Nursery at Plaza Frontenac in St. Louis, Missouri. The event was full of excitement; live performances, gourmet dinner and awesome raffle memorabilia (I had my eye on the signed Taylor Swift guitar!). The Children’s Crisis Nursery provides care for more than 7,200 children and more than 6,500 families a year. I am honored to have been a part of such a worthy cause, and am excited to continue to be involved with the Crisis Nursery.

Modeling Ylang-Ylang Jewelery
Later in the month I attended “Your Best You” which was hosted by some of my favorite people! It was great to visit with contestants from all over the country and talk with them about my experience at Miss Teen USA. Thank you to Lisa Forbs, Cindy Faupel-Cummins, Allyce King, Valerie Hayes and Caitlin Corry (just to name a few!) for putting such a great workshop together.


September

Early in September, I attended the Therapeutic Horsemanship Polo Match in Chesterfield, MO. The event benefited the Therapeutic Horsemanship, which is an organization in which those affected by disability can use horse riding as therapy. I had a wonderful time visiting with guests, making crafts with the kids, helping with raffle calling and even competing in a golf cart polo match! Being a part of this event reminded of why I loved being on board with ReCHAI; there really is a powerful human-animal bond we can all benefit from!!  

 

My last Vanbros photo shoot was also in September. It was extremely bitter-sweet shooting the cover for the Miss Missouri USA & Miss Missouri Teen USA program book. It has been an incredible year! Thank you to Will Patterson, Lisa Procter, Sassy Chic, John Vannatta and Mama Janet for making the shoot a success.



I was also able to make a second visit to Shriner’s Hospital in St. Louis, MO. I had a wonderful time making crafts with the kids :) thank you to Shriner’s for having me back. I cannot wait to visit again with Hope on Halloween!

 October

I had a wonderful Senior Homecoming this October! I couldn't ask for a more positive high school experience, or greater friends. I am truly blessed! 

This past Saturday I visited with shoppers and signed autographs at “My Friend’s Wardrobe” in St. Louis, MO. I had a wonderful afternoon with good company :). Thank you to my good friend, Robin Pulcher Meier, for having me out. (pics coming soon!)

Sunday I headed to Overland Park, Kansas for a much over-do hair appointment with Brent Peterson, who will be the 2012 hair sponsor for the new lucky titleholders!

On Monday I head to Shriner’s Hospital with Hope Driskill for a Halloween costume contest :) I cannot wait!!!

Only two more weeks until we find out who the new 2012 Vanbros titleholders are for the great state of Missouri! Ekkkk! It’s coming too fast!

XoXo,
Sydnee

No comments:

Post a Comment