Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Walk a Hound – Lose a Pound: Community Walk

Just before I left for fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada for Miss USA last week (posting about that soon!), I traveled to Columbia, MO to volunteer for one of my favorite organizations, ReCHAI (the Research Center for Human-Animal Interaction at the University of Missouri-Columbia).

My work started with ReCHAI in 2008 when I became their official spokesperson. Check out the link below to read my story & hear about all the amazing programs that branch from ReCHAI that I’ve been fortunate enough to work with, including Walk a Hound - Lose a Pound: for Seniors, Walk a Hound - Lose a Pound: Community Walk, Reading to Rover, and PALS. http://rechai.missouri.edu/stottlemyre08.htm.

Last Saturday morning I was able to participate in Walk a Hound – Lose a Pound: Community Walk. This program allows anyone to sign up to walk shelter dogs from the Central Missouri Humane Society. This is one of my favorite programs that ReCHAI offers, even though when I leave I want to take EVERY dog home with me! I was able to walk Sundance on a two mile trail…he’s pretty cute ;-) you should go adopt him!!!

Thank you to Assistant Director Charlotte McKenney for always being so pleasant to work with!
XoXo,
Sydnee

No comments:

Post a Comment