Saturday, July 2, 2011

Vegas, BABY! And my last Vanbros Boot Camp


Mary's Gma ended up being from STL!


This past month has been full of travel, travel, TRAVEL!!! And I loved it :) so let’s play catch-up…


Traveling to Las Vegas, Nevada to watch the 60th Miss USA pageant was FABULOUS. The Miss Teen USA contestants were treated to several events, all of which were amazing. My family and I arrived in Vegas Thursday night and checked into the MGM Grand. Friday night I attended the “All That Glitters” event where I got to meet all my fellow Miss Teen USA contestants! We got our photos taken by the official Miss Universe photographer and heard Kamie Crawford (Miss Teen USA), Rima Fakih (Miss USA 2010) and Ximena Navarrete (Miss Universe) speak about their reigns.

Saturday afternoon I got the chance to meet several former Miss USA and Miss Universe titleholders, all of whom looked stunning! It was really neat to talk to the women who make this organization so powerful. I even got the chance to shoot with TIME photographer Susan Anderson, which was such a memorable experience.

Saturday night the Teen USA ladies got the chance to walk the red carpet at “True Beauty Rocks the USA”, hosted by Shanna Moakler. The room was filled with former titleholders, enough to make any pageant fan giddy :). After walking the red carpet, there was a fashion show of beautiful Mac Duggal dresses. We ended the night on the dance floor, getting to know the Miss Teen USA class of 2011 a little better! On the way back to the hotel, I stopped at the New York, New York to ride the rollercoaster…and if you haven’t, I HIGHLY recommend it!!!
Sunday was the big day!!! The Miss Universe Organization treated the Miss Teen USA ladies to wonderful seats. Big congrats to my big sis, Hope Driskill, who made the Top 16 and represented MO beautifully! It was awesome being in the audience as our 2011 Miss USA was crowned. Congratulations to the stunning Alyssa Campanella!

After days of shopping and living the glamorous life, I headed back home to St. Louis for a few short days before packing up and heading to Kansas for a Vanbros boot camp!
We had the chance to work with the very talented Valerie Hayes on our interview skills. Thank you, Valerie, you were awesome to work with & so helpful!!! I appreciate you taking time to work with us Vanbros gals ;-).

Also a special thank you to Kim Forsyth who critiqued our walks & stage presentation – good luck with your sure to be beautiful little girl Kim!!!
While at the boot camp, I received my exquisite evening gown earrings, designed by Stefanie Somers. Thank you Stefanie, they are breathtaking!!

The Vanbros girls & I also received some personalized goodies from the Miss Universe Organization, which are amazing!! Thank you Miss U…I love them!!!
I head back to Kansas soon to pick up my evening gown, designed by the amazing Ashley Litton. Thank you Sassy Chic Boutique, I cannot wait to wear it!

Thank you to my amazing director, John Vannatta, for putting this all together. I love you!!
I can easily say June has been one of the best months of my year!

XoXo,
Sydnee

No comments:

Post a Comment