Monday, March 14, 2011

My Second Visit to St. Johns


This past Friday I traveled back to St. John’s Lutheran school in Ellisville, MO for my second visit. Except this time, I spoke to the entire school; kindergarten through eighth grade!

I spoke about my past experience of being bullied through middle school and the emotional affect it had on me. I wanted to share with the kids how significant it is to live a life above the norm, and to answer to something greater than the ordinary.Then I got the chance to sit down with the eighth grade alone and answer questions about high school!

 It was great to see the fourth grade classes again and to meet over 400 new faces! After I spoke, I got the chance to talk with the kids and sign some autographs (even a sleeve and arm!).

Thank you to the school’s principle, Mr. Peregoy, for inviting me to speak! I wish St. Johns the best of luck in their efforts to change the world. I heard one student even brought in his piggy bank as a donation to the money St. Johns is raising for clean water and mosquito nets for the villages of Kandas and Vilhear. Isn’t that just awesome!?

Love,
Sydnee

No comments:

Post a Comment